Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Hollywood Sourcing
- Hollywood Sourcing is a fantastic new service which allows you to post jobs, find virtual workers and have celebrities promote your projects with a Celebrity Video Press Release.
- How is Hollywood Sourcing more unique and better
- What makes Hollywood Sourcing unique is its ability to first help connect employers and virtual workers to get a job done and then when it's completed we can help you get a celebrity to host a Video Press Release that you can then use to promote your project. There are many projects in the market that are well executed but never succeed because no one ever hears about them. Hollywood Sourcing can help you by allowing you to purchase a Celebrity Video Press Release that can elevate the media profile of your project.
- What kind of jobs can be posted on Hollywood Sourcing
- You can post jobs that can be performed by a virtual worker
- What kind of work can I find on Hollywood Sourcing
- You can find jobs that require a virtual worker to complete them. There are jobs posted in a wide variety of industries. To view them simply click on the BROWSE JOBS link.
- What kind of workers can I find on Hollywood Sourcing
- You can find workers by clicking on the FIND WORKER link.
- What does it cost to use Hollywood Sourcing
- You can post a job for free and you can also apply for a job for free on Hollywood Sourcing. If an employer hires someone to perform a virtual job then the employer pays HollywoodSourcing.com either $5 ( five dollars ) or 10% ( ten percent) of the jobs cost, which ever is greater. The Hollywood Sourcing fee is always non refundable (to prevent fraud) and is paid by the employer and goes into escrow. When the employer confirms that the job is satisfactorily completed by the worker then the escrow system releases the payment to the worker. For example lets compare two jobs. Job A has a budget of $30. This means the system will compare $5 to ten percent of the jobs budget / cost which is $3 and it will charge the employer the greater amount which will be $5. Job B has a budget $25,000. Here the system will compare a possible $5 Hollywood Sourcing fee with a ten percent Hollywood Sourcing fee which will be $2,500 and it will determine that $2,500 is greater than $5 so it will charge the employer $2,500. This means that the employer will have to place $27,500 ( $25,000 job cost plus $2,500 Hollywood Sourcing fee ) into escrow to start the work.
- What is the Partner Radar
- Partner Radar allows you to tell our entire marketplace that you're searching for a partner with specific expertise and invites them to contact you. It can bring you or your project to the attention of potential partners in Silicon Valley, Hollywood, Wall Street as well as the rest of the world. It can also bring you to the attention of the venture capital community, producers in the entertainment industry as well as every other employer and worker on Hollywood Sourcing. It works by displaying a notice on your ad that indicates you are seeking a partner with specific expertise. Anyone interested will be able to communicate with you via our message center in a way that prevents them from seeing your personal contact information (contact information cannot be exchanged until a deal is funded into our escrow system). The cost Is $6 for 12 months.
- What is Robosearch
- Robosearch is an automated system designed to help you find freelance jobs and freelance workers. Rather than conducting your searches manually you can have robosearch seek out new jobs or workers for you. It will then send that information to our message center once a week if there are new jobs or employees that fulfill your required search criteria. All you have to do is check your message center for updates. The cost is $5 for 12 months.
- What is required to get started on Hollywood Sourcing
- You need to register on our service and you need to have a paypal account because that is how we transfer payments between employers and workers
- How is Hollywood Sourcing able to get celebrities to participate in this service at such affordable prices
- We have a special agreement with HollywoodIsCalling.com which allows us to have their celebrities host and record Celebrity Video Press Releases for your projects.
- What is the difference between registering as an employer and registering as a worker
- When you register on Hollywood Sourcing you can do so several different ways. If you're an employer who wants to hire freelancers then you should register as an employer. This will allow you to post jobs and find workers but not browse for jobs. If you're a worker that is looking for freelance jobs then you should register as a worker as this will allow you to browse for jobs and contact employers but you will not be able to hire workers. If you think you may wish to both browse for jobs and hire workers then you will have to register two separate accounts using two different email addresses. On the first account you will register as an employer and on the second account you will register as a worker. To register an account on Hollywood Sourcing click on REGISTER
- How do I post a job
- Only employers can post a job. To do so the employer simply clicks on the POST A JOB link on their account page and fills out all the details. It will be entered into the system and then posted for workers to review. Each time someone applies for the job the system will send you an email and it will post the job application on your account.
- What are some recommendations for posting a job well
- To receive the greatest number of qualified applicants you should post a job or project description which is specific, detailed and comprehensive. Include timelines, budgets and let your applicants know exactly what is expected of them.
- What's the best way to find contractors
- Most users think that simply posting a job is adequate. However, the best way to find applicants is to both post your job and to actively search for workers on our FIND WORKER page.
- Do you have an escrow service to protect me in case the contractor fails to complete the job properly
- Yes. We will hold your funds in escrow until both parties are satisfied with the work.
- What if I cancel the job before its completed
- If you cancel the job before it's completed and both parties agree to the cancellation then we will refund money but not our fee.
- Is your fee refundable
- The ten percent fee we charge for jobs that have been funded is never refundable even if you cancel your job before it is completed.
- How long does it take workers to receive their money
- Once an employer confirms that the job is completed satisfactorily we will release the funds from escrow and make the money available to the worker within ten days.
- Can I change my password
- Yes, you can change it by going to your My Account page and clicking on the Change Password button.
- How do I edit my proflie
- You can edit it by going to your My Account page and clicking on the Edit Profile button.
- As an employer how do I make a full or partial / milestone payment
- Go to your My Account page and click on the HIRED WORKER button and then click on the CLICK HERE TO VIEW HIRED WORKER INFO for that specific job. After that you will click on the button that says RELEASE FUNDS TO WORKER. Next you will go to the line that says IS THIS JOB COMPLETED and select YES or NO and then enter the amount of the payment you wish to make.
- Can an employer edit a project after the bidding starts
- No. Employers are not allowed to alter a projects specifications after the bidding begins because that would be unfair and confusing to all the workers.
- How can I invite a Freelancer to bid on my project
- As an employer you can click on the FIND A WORKER button and then review the workers. If you see one that you want to invite to bid on your project you click on the CONTACT THIS WORKER button and fill out the information on this page and then send them the message.
- How can I talk to an employer or worker before accepting a job
- Go to your My Account page and then click on the Message Center. Once there you can then send a message to the username of the person you wish to contact. Remember you are not allowed to exchange personal contact information like phone numbers, email address, mailing addresses, skype ID's etc until a job has been accepted by both parties and the funds have been placed in escrow. Attempting to exchange contact information prior to a job being accepted and funded may result in your account being suspended, cancelled or blocked.
- As an employer how do I accept a bid from a worker
- Go to your employers My Account page and click on JOBS POSTED. Next you should click on the CLICK HERE TO VIEW APPLICANTS button for the specific job you're checking. This will take you to a page which displays your applicants. When you find the applicant you wish to hire simply click on the ACCEPT button. This will take you to the paypal page where you will place the entire job cost plus the Hollywood Soucring fee into escrow. Once the escrow is funded then you have officially hired the worker and you can begin communicating with them to initiate work on the job.
- Do I have to place funds into escrow in order to hire a worker
- Yes. This protects workers as well as employers.
- How do I rate the work a freelancer has done
- When the job is completed and you make your final payment you will be asked to rate the worker on a scale from 1-10 with 10 being the best score you can give them.
- How do workers bid on freelance jobs
- First the worker clicks on the FIND A JOB button and selects the job they want to bid on. To bid on a job simply click on the APPLY FOR THIS JOB button. Next you will enter the amount you are willing to do the work for ( this is called the bid amount) and then click on APPLY FOR THIS JOB button again. If the employer likes your bid they will accept it and deposit the entire budget for the job into escrow. When that happens you will be notified that you won the job and the two of you can begin communicating further via the Message Center. Once we are notified that the job is completed to the satisfaction of both the worker and the employer we release the funds to the worker from the escrow and the worker should receive their funds within 10 days of the jobs completion.
- As a worker how do I deliver a completed project
- You can deliver a project by any method you and the employer have agreed upon. You can upload it to their server or send it by email.
- What is the arbitration system
- Our arbitration system is used to help resolve conflicts and disagreements between workers and employers.
- How long does arbitration take to arrive at a decision
- Sometimes arbitration can take as long as 60 days so we strongly recommend that you resolve your issues with each other before considering arbitration.
- If I win my arbitration case can I get all my money back
- The only money that you can win back in an arbitration case is the money that still resides in the Hollywood Sourcing escrow account. Funds that have already been sent to the worker like 1) upfront payments and 2) milestone payments cannot be retrieved through the arbitration system from the worker once they are sent so we strongly recommend that you keep your upfront payments and milestone payments as modest as possible. We also strongly encourage you to work out your disagreements before resorting to arbitration because filing an arbitration case is a lengthy process and can result in a decision which may be less favorable to you then if you agreed on a solution with the other individual yourself.
- If I lose in arbitration can I appeal
- No. All arbitration decisions are final and cannot be appealed.
- What is a Celebrity Video Press Release
- A Celebrity Video Press Release is an affordable way for you to call attention to your press release by having it hosted and read on camera by a HollywoodIsCalling.com celebrity. Having your news read into a camera by a celebrity is a great way to raise the media profile of your announcement.
- How much does a Celebrity Video Press Release cost
A 3 Minute Celebrity Video Press Release is $300.
A 5 Minute Celebrity Video Press Release is $500.
A 10 Minute Celebrity Video Press Release is $1000.
- How long can the copy / text be for a Celebrity Video Press Release
A 3 Minute Celebrity Video Press Release can be up to 2000 characters in length
(including the white spaces in between words)
A 5 Minute Celebrity Video Press Release can be up to 3000 characters in length
(including the white spaces in between words)
A 10 Minute Celebrity Video Press Release can be up to 6000 characters in length
(including the white spaces in between words)
- What are the rules and guidelines for the Celebrity Video Press Releases
- Do not ask or imply in your press release that the celebrity is endorsing your product, service or policy statement as this will cause your Video Press Release order to be immediately cancelled
- Do not say or imply anything in your press release copy / text that is illegal, rude, disrespectful, racist or inappropriate. HollywoodIsCalling.com and our Celebrities reserve the right to decline any Video Press Release order for any reason at any time.
- Do not request changes to a Video Press Release after the order has been submitted to us. All orders are final and no changes are permitted.
- Can a customer cancel their Celebrity Video Press Release order and get a refund
- No. All orders are NON-REFUNDABLE unless CANCELLED or DECLINED by HollywoodIsCalling.com at which point the PURCHASER will receive a full refund.
- What will the Celebrity Video Press Release look like
- It will be a very casual, continuous shot of your chosen celebrity reading your press release copy directly into a webcam. Very simple and very straightforward.
- How long does it take me to receive my Video Press Release after I submit my order
- Most orders are fulfilled within seven business days. Some orders may take several weeks longer to fulfill during peak demand periods.
- How do I receive my Celebrity Video Press Release
- Once it's completed our system will email you a link that you can use to download your Celebrity Video Press Release.
- How can I use my Celebrity Video Press Release
- You can post it on your website, upload it to YouTube or incorporate it into your project's promotional efforts.
- Will the Celebrity Video Press Release text / copy be modified or changed after I submit it
- All our CVPR's will begin with the celebrity identifying themselves and indicating that they are with HollywoodIsCalling.com. Both HollywoodIsCalling.com and our celebrities reserve the right to make changes to the CVPR text / copy that is submitted by the client if HIC or the celebrity deem it to be necessary. While this is not done very often we reserve the right to do it if we deem necessary.
- Why does Hollywood Sourcing ask me to Facebook friend it or to join me on Twitter
- Hollywood Sourcing asks that you friend us if you have a Facebook account or add us to your Twitter account so that we can provide you with updates on new services and specials we will be offering.
- What are the job posting rules
- Job postings in the Hollywood Sourcing marketplace are subject to review by Hollywood Sourcing. They must be posted in English. If a posting is deemed to be inappropriate for any reason, it may be edited or removed immediately and may result in the suspension or even termination of the posting user's account and/or company. The company owner may be held responsible for the job postings of all their hiring managers and recruiters.
- As an employer how will Hollywood Sourcing help me
- Hollywood Sourcing will provide you with a tremendous advantage by giving you access to a global market of virtual freelancers and then allowing you to have celebrities promote your effort with a VIDEO PRESS RELEASE. To join simply click here REGISTER.
- As a virtual freelancer how will Hollywood Sourcing help me
- Hollywood Sourcing will provide you with access to a worldwide network of companies and project managers with whom you can pursue freelance hiring opportunities. It also allows you to connect with celebrities you think might be able to assist you with a VIDEO PRESS RELEASE. To join simply click here REGISTER.
- How can I send a message
- Once you register as a user you will have access to our Message Center from your account control panel page. From there you will be able to communicate with people whose jobs you wish to bid on or jobs that you've been awarded.
- What are the rules for communicating with others on the site
- You can send a private message to someone on the site but all communication must be done through our message center. You cannot disclose or offer your private contact information such as email address, phone number, physical address, skype username, etc until both parties have accepted the job and the deal has been funded. Trying to arrange communications outside our message center prior to a deal being funded may result in your account being suspended, cancelled or blocked. As an employee you can send a private message to any employer whose job you are bidding on.
- Can I communicate with workers or employers outside of your Message Center
- Communicating outside of Hollywood Sourcing is prohibited until both parties accept the deal and the job is funded into our escrow system. You cannot disclose or offer your private contact information such email address, phone number, physical address, skype username, etc until both parties have accepted the job and the deal has been funded. Trying to arrange communications outside our message center prior to a deal being funded may result in your account being suspended, cancelled or blocked.
- Violations include but are not limited to
A) Offering payment using any method (Western Union, PayPal, etc.) outside the Hollywood Sourcing billing and payment system.
B) Accepting any solicitation to pay for work using any method (Western Union, PayPal, etc.) outside the Hollywood Sourcing billing and payment system.
C) Job postings which are clearly discriminatory in nature are not permitted and will be removed.
D) Disclosing direct contact information (email address, phone number or chat ID) in your job posting or attachments. Direct contact is only permitted with active candidates and team members, NOT other contractors or applicants.
E) Requesting applicants submit their direct contact information (email address, phone number or chat ID) in their cover letters.
F) Requesting fees from contractors for applying, bidding, or winning a contract.
G) Including offensive language or content.
H) Intending any illegal activity or violation of our Terms of Service.
I) Involve the use of spyware, spam-bots, viruses or any other products with malicious intent.
- Will Hollywood Sourcing ever contact me by email, phone or physical mail
- Hollywood Sourcing reserves the right to contact you via email, phone or physical mail regarding business related matters.
- What are upfront payments and are they refundable
Whenever two individuals ( an employer and a worker ) enter into an agreement on a job there are several components to the payment process.
1) The first is the budget for the job which is the price that the employer agrees to pay the worker for the completed work. This is held in escrow by Hollywood Sourcing and is only distributed to the worker as both parties agree.
2) The second component is the upfront payment that the worker usually requests be paid immediately ( at the beginning of the job ) so that the worker can begin working on the job. Whenever the employer hires the worker and funds the contract by placing the budget / price for the job into the Hollywood Sourcing escrow account our system then sends the agreed upon upfront payment to the worker. Unlike the funds that are still remaining in Hollywood Sourcing escrow account once the upfront payment funds are taken from the escrow account and sent to the worker they CANNOT be retrieved by arbitration or any other means. This is why we strongly recommend that your upfront payments be as low as possible. How much of an upfront payment you agree upon or even if you agree to make an upfront payment is entirely negotiable in the beginning but once an agreement is made and a deal is funded we cannot retrieve your upfront payment if there is a dispute submitted to arbitration later.
3) The third component of the payment system are the milestone payments which both parties can negotiate and decide amongst themselves. Milestone payments are paid out by the employer to the worker as the worker completes certain agreed upon stages of the work. Whether you decide to make milestone payments and how much you make is entirely up to both parties as they negotiate their deal in the beginning of the process.
4) The fourth component of the payment system is the final payment. This is only made when both parties agree that all the work has been completed.
- How does Hollywood Sourcing help veterans
- There are many employers out there who give special consideration to workers who are also veterans. If you are a verifiable veteran looking for freelance work and you would like to bring that to the attention of employers then you can have your worker ad display your status as a veteran for all potential employers to see. To do so simply go to your CREATE WORKER AD page and indicate that you are a veteran. If you've already created your worker ad and would like to change your veteran status then go to the biography section of the EDIT PROFILE page and indicate your veteran status there.